Gardening season has arrived, so stock up on the goods and gadgets you’ll need and get ready to dig in!
For April, it’s time to prep your yard for planting:
- Prune overgrown shrubs, cutting out no more than one-third of the oldest canes from the base of the plant.
- Plant cool-season vegetables including peas, broccoli, onions and spinach.
- Plant newly purchased trees, shrubs and perennials.
- Test irrigation systems for problems before aerating and fertilizing lawns.
- Spot-treat lens for broad-leaf weeds like dandelions.
Want a full season’s to-do list? Get a savable pdf version here.